Saturday, May 19, 2012

I LOVE Triangle quilts...

I've been a big fan of triangle quilts for about 10 years now....Sara Nephew is the one who inspires me!  Her books are amazing--she has found every way to use a triangle, hexagon, diamond, and trapezoid to make a hexagonal block.  Truly, every...single...way! 

This is the first one I made for Alli...her bedroom colors when she was a baby were purple and yellow....




This is one I made for a local quilt show a few years ago...too wild for the ladies of the quilt show, I think....


I had to layer six yards of fabric exactly aligning the fabric flowers so I could fussy cut the flowers.  This way you got the repeating designs in the centers....lots of fun...



Almost forgot this one...I had to take a picture of a picture of the quilt...a Hanukah quilt for my sister...truly awesome, if I may say so myself... I sent a pic to Sara herself just to show her how much I loved triangles.  Geeky, huh?



Who hasn't made one of these... I used some random 2.5" strips and a 60 degree triange ruler to make some little hexagons....


Anyhow, my orange quilt is similar to these but maybe more modern??  Anyhow, I best get to working on it.  I've spent a while cleaning my sewing room so I'll reveal my stash of fabric tomorrow...it is truly insane!!  Happy quilting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!