Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fabric buying moratorium....;-(

Moratorium definition


1) A period of time in which there is a suspension of a specific activity until future events warrant a removal of the suspension or issues regarding the activity have been resolved.

So I started cleaning my sewing area...which has been an embarrassing disaster all summer long.  And not only was that area horrible...I let my sewing take over the living room as well.  And Alli's room...and on top of the dog's kennel...and the bench near the door...and the kitchen table.  Seriously.  It is out of control.  So I'm not going to buy any fabric (or vintage shirts)....for a year.  Or until next summer.  Maybe if I make all my quilts in the queue I can celebrate and buy something next summer....

Exceptions to the rule
1.  I can get gifts of fabric...like from Santa at Christmas....hint:  Bliss....
2.  If I need backing, or something to finish a quilt, then (with Rebecca's approval) I can buy fabric to finish a project.  But not for stash building....and not any more than I need.

I want to make a point of telling you all (all 3 of you) that I have donated several large trash bags of fabric to the high school home ec teacher for her textile/fabric design class.  And I do actually make things...I'm not a total hoarder....but I'm real close!!!  I've been thinking that maybe I could open an Etsy shop and make little baby quilts or something to use up some of these fabrics....maybe.  But with school starting I don't know about it...but it is on the back burner.  Anyhow, this means NO FABRIC SHOPPING WHILE ON VACATION NEXT WEEK.  OMG....how sad.  But it has to be done.  And while I'm at it, I need to diet as well.  But why kick myself when I'm down??? LOL...one thing at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!