Sunday, August 15, 2010

Christmas plaids...

I came across the blog Quilt Times yesterday and noticed she is having a Christmas quilt along....just a bunch of people working on some Christmas projects and sharing ideas.  I decided that it seemed like a good idea to me so here it goes....

First, I had to go shopping in my stash today.  Here is my bin of reds/orange vintage shirting plaids...It probably weighs about 40 pounds....
I pulled out some reds that looked like Christmas...

Then I pulled my bin of beige/brown/greens....

I managed to find some greens...

Combined they look like this....Christmas!

Anyhow, I'm thinking of making a tree skirt using Amandajean's tutorial and a quilt...either one to hang on the wall, or a quilt for the couch.  Maybe both, who knows.  This should keep me busy through the fall....

3 comments:

  1. I blogged about you!

    http://thethriftyquilter.blogspot.com/2010/08/just-puttering-around.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics look great. I am so glad you're going to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made my first Christmas Tree Skirt! There will definitely be more in my future. Very fun! I'd love to see yours in plaids.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!